Searching for a Substance Abuse Treatment Center in Eugene, OR
In 1846, Eugene Franklin Skinner instituted the first cabin in Eugene that acted as a trading post. This post was then authorized to be a post office in 1850. The original location was soon scrapped when they found out that it turned into a quagmire when they experienced the heavy winter rains. The town was officially incorporated in 1862, and was then named Eugene City, which it remained until 1889 when it was shortened to Eugene.