Depression is a mood disorder that impacts approximately 360 million people globally, according to the World Health Organization.It is the leading cause of disability worldwide. Depression has serious impacts on a person’s mind and body. Its ramifications extend to a person’s eating, sleeping, socializing and work.Everybody goes through periods of feeling down. However, depression is characterized by prolonged feelings of low self-esteem, guilt, hopelessness and worthlessness over the course of a few weeks. According to the DSM-5, someone with depression will have the following symptoms for at least two weeks:
Last Edited: July 27, 2020
All of the information on this page has been reviewd and certified addiction professional.
- A depressed mood during most of the day, particularly in the morning
- Fatigue or loss of energy almost every day
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt almost every day<
- Impaired concentration, indecisiveness
- Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all activities nearly every day
Real Recovery Stories: True Stories of Addiction
Watch More True Stories of Addiction – Click Here.